Making All Skills Visible: The Validation of Transversal Skills
The Transval-EU project invites policymakers, experts and validation and guidance professionals to an international conference in Stockholm.
Date: June 7 – 8, 2023
Place: Conference Center Piperska Muren, Scheelegatan 14, Amarantergränd 2, Stockholm, Sweden
The Transval-EU project invites policymakers, experts and validation and guidance professionals to an international conference in Stockholm. The conference aims at discussing policy measures and sharing evidence on the validation of transversal competences as well as results concerning the professionalisation of validation of transversal skills and competences in Europe.
The conference aims to
- Offer a forum for discussing the European Policy measures, highlighted by the European Union. The participants will be invited to evaluate the replicability, transferability and upscaling of the suggested policies in the pilot countries and other countries and regions in the EU.
- Offer a possibility to learn from the evidence gained during the field trials in five countries and the research carried out during the project. The analysis of the processes and steps used before, during and after the validation and/or guidance on transversal skills by practitioners will provide a set of models of how validation of transversal skills can systematically be part of validation and guidance pathways.
- Be a meeting place and a networking platform for stakeholders contributing to the EU validation and guidance community
- International and EU institutions: European Commission, EQF AG members, CEDEFOP
- National and regional public authorities; public employment services
- Validation and guidance providers;
- Social partners, HR managers;
- National and European stakeholders (education and training organisations from formal, non-formal and informal sector and civil society);
- Experts and researchers in the field.
- The Conference will be held in English and take place on-site in Stockholm.
- The Conference will be organised in plenum and workshop sessions over two half days: afternoon (first day) and morning (second day).
- Participants are expected to make and fund their own travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Draft programme and registration is expected to be made available in January 2023
More about the conference
The Conference will take place during the European Year of Skills 2023. The event will be held in Sweden during its EU Council Presidency in 2023. In their strategic agenda, the Swedish EU Council Presidency calls for embracing technological evolution and globalisation while making sure that no one is left behind. In this context, recognition and validation of all types of competencies plays an essential role.
Organising the conference in Sweden, one of the Nordic countries, the project aims at creating synergies between the Nordic and European work on the validation of competencies, and thus support the implementation of the Nordic agenda for the competencies of the future. The idea behind the agenda is to better prepare people of all ages for the society that lies ahead. The aim is that everybody in the Nordic Region has the knowledge and skills to cope with a more complex future, can meet the world with open and critical minds and be equipped to work with other people.
Read more about the conference in the Concept note. (pdf)
More about the TRANSVAL-EU project
The TRANSVAL-EU project is working towards professionalising the field of the validation of transversal competencies in Europe. The project aims to build the capacity of practitioners and counsellors, as well as, when relevant, of other stakeholders on innovative VNFIL and transversal competencies; and strengthen cross-sector cooperation between practitioners, policy-makers and other stakeholders to build coherent VNFIL systems and effective processes.
Read more about the project here.
Conference Registration will open in early February.